Saturday 10 February 2024

That movie was crap!

 Having extolled the relative inadequacies of 'Napoleon' on my other blog, I finally got to see the D&D movie. I thought Napoleon was baaad but as for D&D - What a load of shit! Acting, plotting, story, ...the poor and obvious choices made re. casting. GAHHH! What the f**k?... this movie is not D&D!


Now, for a better old school Sword & Sorcery movie - try this:


It never gets old...and is where Fantasy RPG really lies...check out Appendix N in the 1st ed AD&D...


4 comments:

  1. Glad to say I haven't seen it! Conan was great 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good call Jack...so baaad. I am starting to hate the movie genre now, and regressing back to the 80s lol Hope you are well and I look forward to more Conan stuff on your own blog.

      Delete
    2. I'm still going, against the odds! Another trip to Hyboria would be nice...

      Delete
    3. Excellent - Your approach to fantasy and general battles really works Jack. Quests and stories just fall into place with it - and it reminds me of how a lot of the D&D stuff started in terms of its wargaming lineage.

      I must get my 'Hyboria Now!' stuff up and going again; maybe post it over here. Have also been doing D&D with the 'kidz' so must get some of that campaign here too i guess :)

      Delete